Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fun with frisbee



Fun with frisbee, originally uploaded by phaird.
Today was a busy day at the park. After last weeks hurricane Irene, everyone was glad to be back. Some people were there for hours just letting their dogs run or walking the trails. It was also a day for new puppies to show up at the park. There were two golden puppies, a German Shepard puppy, and a few others I forget the breeds. Puppies always get a lot of attention but with the warm weather, the muggy day, everyone was just happy to be taking in the last weekend of the summer.
I know my summer flew by. I had lots of projects to work on and  made it to the park as much as I could and over all had a good summer. Like most, I want it to last longer but the fall offers new projects. I'm doing a fundraiser photo even for a group called Smile for a Cure which raises money for Canine Cancer research. I'm shooting some smaller events in September and will shoot at Woofstock on October 1. I'm really busy.
I'm not giving up on my book project. I've been inspired by a project called Project Dog. They did a kickstarter fundraiser to get a book published. I know if I got my book to a level of completion, that I could totally get a Kickstarter project funded. I've talked to more people at the park and know I have a good group to interview. My ideal is to get a good writer to work with. We'll see.
Either way, I'll be back at the park, next week, taking pictures, talking to people and having a good time.

No comments: