Monday, October 26, 2009

First visit to Stodderd's Neck


Rory, originally uploaded by phaird.

I have to admit, I'm really jealous of all those people living on the south shore. For those who don't know, this is south of Boston right on the water. Stodderd's Neck is a public park that has been taken over by the dog lovers in the area. It's not an official dog park but sure looks like one and it's a perfect location for it too. It's surrounded on 3 sides by water and there is a gate at the entrance that makes it hard for more then one person at a time to get in.

Sunday was a PERFECT fall day all across New England and people were out enjoying it with their dogs. The parking lot was packed and the park was hopping with all kinds of dogs. The photo here is of Rory, a regular at the park. There was lots of new faces like my dog, Toby but for as many dogs as there were, there was still plenty of room.

This area, even though on the water, is surrounded by bushes and there is a small hill at the center. The is a small path that follows the inside area of the park or if you want you can walk out on the beach and let your dogs romp around in the water. After talking to another regular at the park, I'd advise against it right after it rains. The rain washes all the bacteria up and on more then one account, dogs have gotten sick. If it hasn't rained in a few days though, it should be fine.

I wish I wasn't an hour away but I sure enjoyed my visit and I can't wait to go back.

No comments: