Monday, November 15, 2010

Richard Olsenius book and video

When I first thought of this idea of doing a book project about dog parks, Many people pointed me Richard Olsenius as someone I had too look at. His book, Dog Stories, has become a major influence on my process and one of the main reasons I'm even perusing this process. Of all the books out about animals, pets or dogs, his is the one that closest reflects what I want my book aspires to.

While spending some down time this morning, I did some dog research and came across him again. Because of the cryptic way his site is created, it's not easy to find so I wanted to point out his site where he is promoting his book and Video. His background as a National Geographic photographer gives him some clout where he can create such a wonderful project. I think his book was created early in the boom of the pet industry and shows that very real bond between human and dogs. The stories are quite engaging and I will go back to his book when I want to read inspiring stories where these connection are very real.

With the holidays coming, for the people who's pets are part of their family, they would really enjoy this book or video. Check it out.

No comments: